Luxury & Comfortable
Diesel Jeans owner Renzo Rosso discovered this art deco building of the 30’s and strictly maintained the facade and the name, He in conjunction with the unique taste of the Swedish designer Magnus Ehrland, transformed this building into an eccentric space, with the most up-dated comforts.
In the “Psychedelicate Girl” room, you totally expect to see Twiggy lounging in the chairs, while the “Me Tarzan, You Vain” room makes you want to swing from something, anything.
Then there’s the “Up, Up and Away” room, decorated completely with pieces of an airplane, the “Born in the Stars and Stripes” room, which would make you proud and the “Best Whorehouse” room, with no explanation needed.
Art, Contemporary, Excessive , Design, Partying, Unusual, Jet set, Mythical, Trendy, Seaside, Luxuriant nature, Business, Bar, Art collection, Gastronomy, Golf, Restaurant
Built in 1948 by architect Henry Hoarser, the Pelican is closer in style to Miami Modern than it is to Tropical Art Deco. Completely renovated by the famous Swedish designer Magnus Ehrland in collaboration with the owner, the founder of the Diesel clothing brand, this toy like hotel is both eccentric and extravagant.
Combining a humorous kitsch style with careful detailed design, each of the 30 rooms is different from the others. The décor is a blend of second hand objects and antiques, organized thanks to the designer and his fertile, off the wall imagination. Each room has a highly improbable name such as Psychedelic, Girl, Peace, Leaf Forest and Viva Las Vegas.
The restaurant, which has become a living legend, proposes Mediterranean cuisine. The Pelican, located near the beach, owes its success to its imaginative and uncompromising décor making it a playful, toy like hotel unique in the world.
Space : 153 m²
1 Bedroom plus separate sitting area with table
Accommodates 2 guests, 3rd guest in rollaway bed subject to 3rd person rate
- Quen-sized bed
- 24-hour front desk & concierge
- Valet Parking
- Fax & print service
- Same day laundry & dry cleaning
- Room service by Pelican Cafe
- Complimentary unlimited beach towel
- Connecting rooms
- Complimentary beach chairs
- Mini-Bar with daily complimentary water
- Gift Shop
- Select complimentary cocktails from the Pelican Bar daily 4-6PM
- 24 access to computer work area located in the lobby
- Unlimited local and toll free calls
- Recycled oak floors (who LIKES hotel carpet anyway?)
- Room and public area High Speed protected wireless internet connection
- Electronic safe
- Bathroom (with retractable clothesline for wet beachwear)
- Upscale bathroom paraben free toiletries
- Plasma TV and phone charger
- Custom designed theme rooms & Suites
- American Breakfast daily 8-11 AM
- 20% off menu items at the Pelican Café
- Priority seating at café
- Turndown maid service daily
- Hand iron
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- Safety deposit box
- Satellite TV stations